Thursday 20 April 2023

Mirror or Picture Frame in the Green Room, Dresden.



 Mirror or Picture Frame in the Green Room, Dresden.

Silver, Silver Filigree, Silver Gilt, Hardstones, and Coral.

On a wooden frame.


This is a unique object - I can find nothing quite like it with such a mixture of materials.


The Museum suggests Augsburg, 1670 - 1690.


I wonder whether it might be related to the production of Hans Conreidt Breghtel of the Hague







Approx. Sizes  37.0 cm,x 32.5 cm, x 5.0 cms.













I am very grateful to Dirk Weber Curator at the Grunes Gewolbe for providing me with these images.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Silver Filigree Casket for sale with Cabral Moncada Leilões

Indian Silver Filigree Casket. Unusually with six compartments. I think Karimnagar probably Mid 19th Century. I can find no records of filig...